Dr. Mike Davison's Live Your Big Picture!

Thoughts, news and reviews by Dr. Mike Davison about connecting more fully with your life's purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States

I am Mike Davison and I am the founder of PartnersInPurpose.com. My company’s mission is to assist individuals and organizations to connect with their purpose and maximize their resources to optimize success. I am a Clinical Psychologist, organizational consultant and peak performance coach. I believe that everyone has a purpose in life. It is when people are fully connected with their purpose and are actively living it with a spirit of service and contribution that they experience the greatest sense of fulfillment. I live in the Chicagoland area with my wife of 16 years and our three amazing children.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Are you using your brain to your advantage?

This may seem like a strange question. But it is an important one.

Let me explain.

We have a part of our brain called the reticular activating system (RAS). The RAS is a network-like group of cells at the base of your brain. Your RAS works like an Internet search engine. Like a search engine, your RAS sorts through all the information around you and contributes automatically to what is relevant to you - what you should pay attention to and what you should ignore.

Let me give you a common example of the RAS at work. Think about being in a public place with lots of people and activity. With all of the visual and auditory information going on around you, you "somehow" hear someone say your name. That's your RAS at work. It sorted through the billions of bits of information and highlighted that one word. Because it is relevant to you. And because there is emotion associated with your name. That which you frequently think about and associate emotion to activates your RAS. It doesn't matter if it's positive or negative - so be careful what you think about and attach emotion to. Train yourself to activate your RAS at will. This is learning how to harness the power of your other-than -conscious mind.

You may be saying, Dr. Mike, how can I do this?

I am glad you asked.

Here is a quick exercise.

Get crystal clear about what you want.

Write it down.

Review what you want to attract or create two or three times a day - every day. Review it in words (affirmations) and in images (visualization).

Think about it "As If" you have already attracted "it" into your life. Allow yourself to experience the emotion.

Write down when you attract or create what you expected.

It is a great way to reinforce the power of your purposeful programing of your RAS!

Regards,

Dr. Mike

P.S. If you'd like to know how I can help you, call me today at (847) 490-7689 or email me at mike@PartnersInPurpose.com to set up your complimentary get-acquainted meeting to see if my coaching program is right for you.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great guy, enjoy your blog!
Kimberly Jamieson
www.healthypainfreeliving.com

4:59 PM  
Blogger Dr. Mike Davison said...

Thanks Kimberly. Great to meet you at Mike Litman's event.

I really enjoy your website!

Dr. Mike

1:59 PM  
Blogger rhoda4 said...

May 19 2008

Hello Dr. Mike:

I just finished listening to your audio with Dr. Patricia Ross and want to thank you both for such an inspirational and empowering discussion. I have always believed in the 'power of affirmation and self-empowerment.' Positive Thoughts definitely create powerful actions!

To add one more note: I thoroughly enjoyed your sense of humor!

I am a professional/business women who wears several hats, but my passion has been and is: certified astrological mentor, with a focus on business empowerment - and recently I have entered the travel industry with a fabulous country club travel online business, which is global - extraordinary travel opportunities and membership!

This is such a spiritually positive and exciting time for me and an opportunity to help others to achieve their own life style and fulfillment.

I am just about to print out your article on RAS!

Thank you

Warmly Empowering,
Rhoda Friedman
You4You
www.astrologybyrhoda
503.245.3479
rhoda4@comcast.net
http://rhoda.p1drevolution.com

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home