Dr. Mike Davison's Live Your Big Picture!

Thoughts, news and reviews by Dr. Mike Davison about connecting more fully with your life's purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States

I am Mike Davison and I am the founder of PartnersInPurpose.com. My company’s mission is to assist individuals and organizations to connect with their purpose and maximize their resources to optimize success. I am a Clinical Psychologist, organizational consultant and peak performance coach. I believe that everyone has a purpose in life. It is when people are fully connected with their purpose and are actively living it with a spirit of service and contribution that they experience the greatest sense of fulfillment. I live in the Chicagoland area with my wife of 16 years and our three amazing children.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Power of Prayer to Invite Personal Peace

Rev. MC Hammer was right after all:

"We've Got to Pray Just to Make it Today!"

According to USA today,This comes as no surprise to preachers and doctors who say they have seen the way personal faith can influence a patient's reaction to all kinds of pain, psychological or physical.

"Prayer enables you to take your mind and place it in a new perspective," says family doctor Harold Betton, who also is pastor of New Light Baptist Church in Little Rock. By focusing on prayer, he says, believers reduce stress and gain control over pain.


How about you?

Prayer is a powerful source of personal peace. When you focus on a higher power outside of yourself away from all the distractions,worries, and problems personal peace that "passeth all understanding" enters in.

I can't explain how it happens. All I know is that it works. Try it for yourself and expect miracles where impossibilities exist. What do you have to lose?

Your Destiny Doctor of Personal Peace,
Dr. Mike Davison



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger chumly said...

Prayer keeps me hanging on, but sometimes I would like to give my arms a rest and get my feet back on the ground and stop the hanging.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Dr. Mike Davison said...

I know from time-to-time I can relate with that feeling. An active prayer life can lead to MORE Personal Peace More of the time. I wish it were all the time. However, that why we refer to spiritual practices in the book.

Thanks for you particiaption.

Respectfully,

Dr. Mike

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home