Dr. Mike Davison's Live Your Big Picture!

Thoughts, news and reviews by Dr. Mike Davison about connecting more fully with your life's purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States

I am Mike Davison and I am the founder of PartnersInPurpose.com. My company’s mission is to assist individuals and organizations to connect with their purpose and maximize their resources to optimize success. I am a Clinical Psychologist, organizational consultant and peak performance coach. I believe that everyone has a purpose in life. It is when people are fully connected with their purpose and are actively living it with a spirit of service and contribution that they experience the greatest sense of fulfillment. I live in the Chicagoland area with my wife of 16 years and our three amazing children.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Inside the mind of Britney Spears



"Accurate self-examination is an important part of one’s personal
growth. It is so easy to fall into self-deception. If you are not honest with yourself
about certain matters, then doubts and fears will haunt you.
You cannot develop a healthy sense of self when you
have a self-serving and false appraisal of yourself."
Transcending Self-Delusions, Chapter 10 An Invitation to Personal Peace



What is Self-Delusion?
Great Question!

According to SELF-DECEPTION, SELF-DELUSION and SELF-DENIAL: And How to Act from What You Know to be True,When we deceive, delude or deny to our self, we mislead our self, we misrepresent or disown what we know to be true, we lie to our self, we refuse to acknowledge that which we know.


Why would we lie to ourselves?
In a book called Vital Lies, Simple Truths, Daniel Goleman notes that we do not see what it is that we do not see, because:

The mind can protect itself against anxiety by diminishing awareness. This mechanism produces a blind spot: a zone of blocked attention and self-deception. Such blind spots occur at each major level of behavior from the psychological to the social. (p. 22)

Well, I'm glad that cleared everything up!

Basically, it's a protective behavior that keeps the person from experiencing or facing the consequences of reality. Eventually the truth wins. Sometimes in a very public way! For Example:


Then:Britney Says in May 2007
"I used to be angry at the tabloids for printing horrible things about me, but now I try to just be numb to what I see."

Now: Britney Says June 20,2007
"Spears Angered By Shaved Head Ads
Britney Spears
has admitted to having some problems, but she's drawing the line at a "nut job."

I guess being numb didn't work.

Again from Britney:

"It is so sad, because if anyone is a family person...it is me."


"I feel like some of the people in my life made more of some issues than was necessary."








"I also feel like they knew I was beginning to use my brain for a change and cut some ties, so they wanted to be in more control of my life than me."

Britney, I'll even sign the book for you!

Now why didn't I think of that before. That'll convince her!

Bottom Line: Self Delusions can't hide from reality forever. As you can see they surface sooner or later.

Why not Grab a copy of an Invitation to Personal Peace to avoid this happening to you? Make sure you do the daily practice on day 4 in Chapter 10 that could instantly give you guidance and comfort on your journey to inner peace.

What are you waiting for? The only time you have promised to you is the present. Let this be a gift to you of powerful transformation and bliss.

Your Destiny Doctor
Dr.Mike Davison



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home