Dr. Mike Davison's Live Your Big Picture!

Thoughts, news and reviews by Dr. Mike Davison about connecting more fully with your life's purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States

I am Mike Davison and I am the founder of PartnersInPurpose.com. My company’s mission is to assist individuals and organizations to connect with their purpose and maximize their resources to optimize success. I am a Clinical Psychologist, organizational consultant and peak performance coach. I believe that everyone has a purpose in life. It is when people are fully connected with their purpose and are actively living it with a spirit of service and contribution that they experience the greatest sense of fulfillment. I live in the Chicagoland area with my wife of 16 years and our three amazing children.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Active Meditation and Passive Meditation

There are many different ways of thinking about and categorizing different types of meditation.

Let me briefly explain two simple and general ways of categorizing meditation techniques - Passive and Active Meditation.

Passive meditation is a way of clearing the mind of all thoughts. Passive meditation is good for reducing stress, increasing creativity, or just getting in some quiet time. It is a powerful way of renewing yourself.

Active meditation is when you keep your mind active by working on a particular problem in your life or focusing on accomplishing certain goals you have set. One strategy of active meditation is to use affirmations while meditating. A relaxed mind is a mind that is open to influence.

If your interested in learning more about stress management or personal development, let me know.

Make 2008 Great!

Dr. Mike Davison
“Your Destiny Doctor”

If you have any questions about my Life Design Coaching Programs contact me at mike@PartnersInPurpose.com .

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home