Dr. Mike Davison's Live Your Big Picture!

Thoughts, news and reviews by Dr. Mike Davison about connecting more fully with your life's purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States

I am Mike Davison and I am the founder of PartnersInPurpose.com. My company’s mission is to assist individuals and organizations to connect with their purpose and maximize their resources to optimize success. I am a Clinical Psychologist, organizational consultant and peak performance coach. I believe that everyone has a purpose in life. It is when people are fully connected with their purpose and are actively living it with a spirit of service and contribution that they experience the greatest sense of fulfillment. I live in the Chicagoland area with my wife of 16 years and our three amazing children.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Are you ready for action?

As strange as this may sound at first, there are certain things you can DO just by saying them.

This is possible if you use a verb that names the very act you are performing. There is an area of
study in linguistics called PERFORMATIVES. This is the study of what I call ACTION TALK.

YOU can use language that moves you to action. Language that is action.

Donald Trump does… “You’re Fired!” (That’s an action, not just words).

Ministers do… “I now PRONOUNCE you man and wife”.

Michael Vick knows about performatives since his Judge said “You’re guilty” (That is a declaration).

Use performatives.

Make declarations.

Be action oriented.

Make commitments to yourself and others that are couple with action.

Avoid empty promises.

Commit to your own personal development!

I am offering a free 'goals' check -up for the first 10 committed people who sends me an e-mail
at mike@PartnersInPupose.com . This involves an email questionnaire and a 15 minute phone
coaching consultation. A $100. Value fr*ee!

Make 2008 Great!

Dr. Mike Davison
"Your Destiny Doctor"
mike@PartnersInPurpose.com

P.S. Be among the first 10 action takers!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home