Dr. Mike Davison's Live Your Big Picture!

Thoughts, news and reviews by Dr. Mike Davison about connecting more fully with your life's purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States

I am Mike Davison and I am the founder of PartnersInPurpose.com. My company’s mission is to assist individuals and organizations to connect with their purpose and maximize their resources to optimize success. I am a Clinical Psychologist, organizational consultant and peak performance coach. I believe that everyone has a purpose in life. It is when people are fully connected with their purpose and are actively living it with a spirit of service and contribution that they experience the greatest sense of fulfillment. I live in the Chicagoland area with my wife of 16 years and our three amazing children.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Misunderstandings about meditation

I recently conducted a teleconference on the value of meditation in creating more personal peace in your life. It was a lively conference and many questions were asked about meditation that I will spend the next week or so responding to.

One of the question that was asked in a number of different ways was "how long should I mediate for?". The other variations of this question included, "how do I find the time?" or the statement, "I don't have enough time to meditate".

These questions seemed to be based on the notion that you need to meditate for a long to experience benefits. Let me say loud and clear that you do NOT need time to set aside large period of time to meditate. You may not even need to set aside any time. You can look for those moments of natural down that come up throughout your day. You can meditate for 1 minute or 5 minutes in your car or while taking a walk on a brief work break.

Keep in mind that mediation is not a specialized activity that requires a special room or special equipment.

One of my favorite times to meditate is when I am at a stop light. I simply put my car in park, close my eyes and focus on my breath cycle. It is a very rapid way for me to slow down and fully orient myself to the present moment. This one minute mediation technique has also renew my faith in humanity. Every time I use it there is a kind soul who will give me a gentle reminder when the light turns green. It is so reassuring to know that others in the community are so committed to helping me on my path to create more personal peace in my life.

Mindfully,

Dr. Mike Davison
"Your Destiny Doctor"
Mike@PartnersInPurpose.com

P.S. Have you checked out my book An Invitation to Personal Peace? www.aninvitationtopersonalpeace.com/products.php

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home