Dr. Mike Davison's Live Your Big Picture!

Thoughts, news and reviews by Dr. Mike Davison about connecting more fully with your life's purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States

I am Mike Davison and I am the founder of PartnersInPurpose.com. My company’s mission is to assist individuals and organizations to connect with their purpose and maximize their resources to optimize success. I am a Clinical Psychologist, organizational consultant and peak performance coach. I believe that everyone has a purpose in life. It is when people are fully connected with their purpose and are actively living it with a spirit of service and contribution that they experience the greatest sense of fulfillment. I live in the Chicagoland area with my wife of 16 years and our three amazing children.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Birds of a feather Eat together? Harvard Study says Yes!

Did I get your attention?

Good!

According to a new study done by prestigious Harvard University,
if your friends are overweight you're more than likely to follow suit.

Now this doesn't give you permission to blame your friends for the weight you
gained.

This gives you another perspective about why it may be harder than usual to
lose weight or exercise.

What I found most amazing about this study was that if your family has a
history of obesity you are 40% more likely to be overweight. On the other hand,
if your social network is overweight you are 60% more likely to be overweight.

Is the power of association so strong that it surpasses genetics?

I don't know.

What do you think?

It's one of those things that make you go......hmmmm.

I would love to hear your comments on this topic.

Are you thinking:

"That's a bunch of hogwash, what do those Harvard guys know anyway"
or
"Awesome, now I have a reason to drop some of my friends"

Whatever your opinion,

Let your voice be known!

Your Destiny Doctor,
Dr.Mike Davison

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home