Dr. Mike Davison's Live Your Big Picture!

Thoughts, news and reviews by Dr. Mike Davison about connecting more fully with your life's purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States

I am Mike Davison and I am the founder of PartnersInPurpose.com. My company’s mission is to assist individuals and organizations to connect with their purpose and maximize their resources to optimize success. I am a Clinical Psychologist, organizational consultant and peak performance coach. I believe that everyone has a purpose in life. It is when people are fully connected with their purpose and are actively living it with a spirit of service and contribution that they experience the greatest sense of fulfillment. I live in the Chicagoland area with my wife of 16 years and our three amazing children.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Are you ready to spring clean your life?

“Identify the things that drain you and eliminate them--people, places, and things--once and for all.”
-Cheryl Richardson

A friend and mentor of mine, John DiLemme, introduced me to the concept of “addition by subtraction”. My sense of what he meant was that having a quality life involves not only involve adding things and developing new healthy ritual, but also means “cleaning house”.

This is important in the area of relationships.

Ask yourself:

Do you have toxic people in your life?

Do you have people in your life that are on a different and perhaps incompatible path?

You only have one life to live. You may as well make it as happy, meaningful and filled with peace as you can. Don’t waste your time with people who are consumed with negativity. This is not a judgment. Wish them well, but do it from a distance. I refer to folks like this as emotional vampires or dream stealers.

There are other areas of your life that are important to look at as long as you are in Spring Cleaning mode. Your Environment. Your Health. Your Work. And Your Behavior.

I spoke about this topic on my Blog Talk Radio Show today. I referred for it as Spring Cleaning Your Life. It is a simple, yet powerful concept. I encourage you to jump on the Spring Cleaning bandwagon by listening to this audio at:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/todaysguest/2008/04/01/Spring-clean-your-life

To Your Best Life!

Dr. Mike Davison
“Your Destiny Doctor”

P.S. Let the Spring Cleaning begin by going to
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/todaysguest/2008/04/01/Spring-clean-your-life

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home